Accidents don’t happen after seeing the age of a person. Similarly, an injury doesn’t discriminate between a young and an older person. As per the data from the National Crime Records Bureau (NCR, the rate of accidental deaths in India has increased slightly in 2019 as compared to 2018. The total number of accidental deaths in 2019 was 4,21,104, which was 4,11,824 in 2018. In 2017, Road Injury was the leading cause of death of people in the age-group of 15- 39 across India. That’s why our younger generation needs an insurance policy that can cover them in case they do meet an accident. Star Student Care Insurance Policy is one of the most suitable insurance schemes available for School and College Students with a wide range of benefits. This policy understands the concern of parents for their children who are more prone to accidental deaths and injuries.
With the Star Student Care Insurance Policy, individuals can get coverage in the event of death and partial or total permanent disability caused by an accident up to the chosen sum insured limit. Other than this, this policy also covers all the hospitalization expenses caused by an accident. This policy can work as a shield for students in any situation when an unfortunate accident happens. Education Grant is an added feature that makes several people choose this policy.
Want to know all the benefits in detail? Well, on this page, we will discuss the same. We will also talk about its exclusions, eligibility, etc. So, keep reading!
Star Student Care Insurance Policy Highlights
Star Student Care Insurance Policy can be a boon for school and college students with some amazing features that they can enjoy. We are showing some of the highlights of this Policy. Please look!
- This policy is solely focused on the students from School and College should they meet an accident. Students will be covered against accidental death or Permanent Total Disability caused due to an accident.
- In case the person needs to be admitted to a hospital for the treatment of accidental injuries, this policy will also cover the hospitalization expenses.
- Coming to the Outpatient expenses, this Policy from Star India also covers all such expenses but only up to a specified limit on the sum insured.
- In a situation of a parent’s (breadwinner) death or Permanent Disability, both School and College Students will get Educational Grant so that there wouldn’t be any problems in their education.
- Thinking about the Sum Insured options for School Students? Well, Star Student Care Insurance Policy offers two Sum Insured options of INR 50,000 and INR 1,00,000.
- On the other hand, College Students can have three Sum Insured Options of INR 75,000, INR 1,00,000, and INR 2,00,000. Individuals can choose from these options according to their needs and convenience.
- The Term of policy is fixed for a maximum of 1 Year by Star India Insurance Company. You can renew your policy after this period. Also, this policy doesn’t provide tax benefits.
Benefits of Star Student Care Insurance Policy
There are several benefits that Students can enjoy by having a Star Student Care Insurance Policy. Want to know them in detail? We are showing them below. Check it out!
- The two most important benefits of a Star Student Care Insurance Policy are the Coverage Against Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability caused due to an accident.
- As we said earlier that this policy also covers any of the Hospitalization Expenses after an accident. With this insurance plan, both school and college students can get up to INR 5,000 as the cover against any hospitalization. This amount also includes the Outpatient Department (OPD) limit fixed at INR 1,000 for School Students and INR 2,000 for College Students.
- This policy also provides Education Grant to students in the case of death or permanent disability of earning parent or guardian up to INR 5,000 and INR 10,000 for School and College Students, respectively. However, remember this amount can be availed only once during the policy period.
- Star India also provides a Free Look period of 15 days from the inception date of the policy. Within this period, you can review the terms and conditions of the policy, and in case you are dissatisfied, the company will refund the premium of the policy after adjusting the cost of pre-medical screening.
In the below table, we are showing what percentage of the sum insured that students can get in different situations. Please look.
|Benefits||Percentage of Sum Insured|
|Permanent Total Disablement||100%|
|Total and Irrevocable Loss of —|
|Sight of Both Eyes||100%|
|Physical Separation of Two Entire Hands||100%|
|Physical Separation of Two Entire Foot||100%|
|One Entire Foot and Entire Hand||100%|
|Sight of One Eye and loss of one hand||100%|
|Sight of One Eye and loss of one entire foot||100%|
|Use of two hands||100%|
|Use of Two Foot||100%|
|Sight of One Eye||100%|
|Physical Separation of One Entire Hand||50%|
|Physical Separation of One Entire Foot||50%|
|Loss of Hearing of Both Ears||50%|
|Loss of Hearing of One Ear||25%|
|Loss of Speech||50%|
Star Student Care Insurance Policy Eligibility Criteria
When choosing the Star Student Care Insurance Policy, you need to fulfill a few conditions. We are showing them below. Do check!
- For School Student Care Insurance, the age of students should be between 3 years to 18 years.
- Similarly, for College Student Care Insurance, the age of students should be between 15 years and 25 years.
- Research Institutions, Colleges, and Students can easily apply for this policy for their students.
- The maximum sum insured in the case of Death and Permanent Disability is fixed at INR 50,000 and INR 1,00,000 for School and College Students, respectively.
- Want to increase the sum insured limit? Well, you can do it easily by paying an additional premium of INR 0.60 per mile. However, the sum insured can be increased up to INR 1,00,000 in the multiples of INR 10,000.
Exclusions from the Star Student Care Insurance Policy
After knowing everything that this policy covers, you should also know what are those things that Star Student Care Insurance Policy does not cover. We are showing some of them below. Check it out!
- Any Claim before the inception of Cover or otherwise outside the period of Insurance Policy
- Any claim related to pre-existing conditions
- Any claim if the insured person does not follow the advice of a physician
- Claims related to a self-intentional accident or while committing a crime being drunk
- Claims arising out of Medical Disorder, Suicide or attempted Suicide, Sexually transmitted diseases, anxiety, stress, depression, etc.
- Accidents resulting from war and warlike occurrence or invasion acts of foreign enemies, civil war, rebellion, insurrection. Military or usurped, etc.
- Claims related to Sports injuries while engaging in competition with a professional or semi-professional sports person
- Physically and mentally challenged persons will not get any cover unless agreed in the policy
- Claims related to Ionizing Radiation, Nuclear Weapons Material, etc.
How to Get Claims for Star Student Care Insurance Policy?
The most important aspect of any insurance policy is to know its claim settlement process. To get claims for Star Student Health Care Insurance Policy, the first thing one needs to do is to intimate the insurer about the accident. This can be done by calling the Helpline number 1800 425 2255 or 1800 102 4477. You can also do this via Email or letter, or documents. You should remember that intimation should be given within 24 hours of the occurrence of the accident. To intimate the insurer about the accident, you will need to provide some information that we have shown below. Do check!
- Policy Details
- Name of the Insured member along with his/her Date of Birth
- Date of Accident
- Date of Admission
- Nature of Accident
- Hospital Name
To get a Death Claim under the Star Student Care Insurance Policy, you will need to provide some basic documents. We are showing them below. Have a look!
- Duly Completed Claim Form
- Certificate of Death from government authorities
- Post Mortem Report
- Police Inquest Report / Coroner’s Report
- Police Final report
- Viscera Report
- Death summary
- Other Documents Required by the Company.